Teaching and Learning Together: The Possibilities and Challenges of Pedagogy Partnerships
We have organized this workshop to bring together those experienced in and those curious about pedagogical partnerships between students and faculty and staff. Our goal is to provide both structure and space to be in dialogue about and build community around pedagogical partnership work. Nearly fifty faculty, staff, and students from institutions across the country will gather to discuss pedagogy partner theory and practice and to consider how to build successful, sustainable programs.
We are glad to share a detailed conference plan, which includes shared resources that will serve as the basis of discussion and continuing engagement that builds from the gathering.
How will I be reimbursed for my travel expenses?
- Please be sure to save all your itemized receipts associated with your travel expenses, including food, ground transportation, and parking. You’ll submit them after the workshop for reimbursement.
- For those driving their own vehicle, we will reimburse you for mileage both to and from Grinnell per our campus policy. The mileage reimbursement for driving is 65.5 cents per mile.
What if I didn’t submit all the required paperwork for receiving a stipend for participation?
- We will have paper copies of the W-9 form and the Iowa Centralized Employee Registry form available at the workshop.
Will there be meals provided Monday night?
- Arriving participants are on their own for the Monday evening meal. The Periodic Table at Hotel Grinnell where you are staying has food service until 10 pm. Other options are available on the Grinnell restaurants list.
Will we receive any details on the other participants before we arrive?
- Yes, you will receive names, institutional affiliations, and emails.
For those who had airline tickets purchased, does the travel agency provide trip insurance?
- No, the travel agency does not provide trip insurance.